- This event has passed.
Trials to Alberta Winter Games
December 8, 2017 - December 10, 2017
Hosted by Pine Valley Gym Centre
Box 56, Tawatinaw, AB
Athletes must be Level 6 or Level 7, born 2007 or earlier
Cost – $125
Pegasus athletes registration deadline: October 31, 2017
Schedule will be provided after November 16th
Parent Hotel information:
Ramada Westlock Address: 11311 100 St, Westlock,AB Phone: 1-780-349-2245
Quality Inn and Suites Address: 10520 100st, Westlock, AB Phone: 1-780-349-4102
Westlock Inn Address: 10411 100st, Westlock, AB Phone: 1-780-349-4483 or 1-888-768-9959
Pine Valley Gymnastics Club will have hot meals for purchase in the Eating Hall before and after sessions.
There is also a General Store that has drinks and snacks available for purchase.
JO 6 & 7 athletes ages 10-17 as of the start of Alberta Winter Games (Feb 16, 2018).
Trials is an open age competition. If an athlete makes the team, Alberta Winter Games WILL BE a declaration meet. Athletes who compete at this sanctioned competition may move up one level within their competitive category at subsequent sanctioned competitions, but cannot move down for the remainder of the competitive season. Exception: When a zone does not meet the composition requirement for JO 7, they may fill with athletes from JO 6. That athlete may then return to JO 6 for the remainder of the season, as long as they declared this when registering for the Trials.
Medical Petitions will not be accepted. Refer to handbook for exceptions.
The top 4 JO 6 and the top 4 JO 7 athletes from each zone will qualify to the Alberta Winter Games.
In the event that a zone cannot fill all of the JO 7 team, they can assign a JO 6 athlete to fill the spot. This must be declared to the WAG Program Coordinator by the late registration deadline. This rule does not apply to the JO 6 team.
Rules and Regulations:
– Current JO Code of Points
– Current CJO Rules and Regulations
– Equipment Specs will follow CJO Rules and Regulations
– 15-minute warm-up (Athletes may use the floor, mats, and runway ONLY)
– 90 second warm-up per athlete at events
Information for Parents with athletes that will be going to Alberta Winter Games.
ADMISSION: $8 for ages 17 and older, $5 for ages 6-16, children 5 and under are free. Please bring cash as they do not have a debit machine at admissions.
- ADMISSION: $8 for ages 17 and older, $5 for ages 6-16, children 5 and under are free. Please bring cash as they do not have a debit machine at admissions.
- Pine Valley will have hot meals available for purchase for parents and athletes in the Eating Hall before and after sessions. There is also a General Store that has drinks and snacks available for purchase.
- There is limited cell reception at the gym club.
- There is still space at Pine Valley for coaches and/or parents and athletes to sleep. If still looking for accommodation, please contact Dom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reminder that there will be a short parent meeting after each session for the athletes and alternates who have made the team.